The volunteering programme has been designed to support volunteering opportunities with us. It enables you to record the details of your community volunteering and enables us to recognise your valuable contribution to our community through the volunteering that you do.
We offer several opportunities including:
- assisting at events and on special projects
- environmental volunteering
- and health and wellbeing.
Skills which can be developed and help you link to further opportunities include:
- build confidence, social skills and friendships
- gain new experiences and knowledge
- develop your CV
- gain accredited training.
We are able to provide equipment, training and advice to help you carry out your volunteer role and improve Ashfield's communities.
Volunteer with us
If you would like to volunteer with us you can apply online. You can also use this form to be formally recognised for the volunteering activities that you are doing outside your home, in a local park, in your community.
If you cannot enquire online you can contact us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- telephone: 01623 457535 or 01623 457448.
You can see the details of the volunteering opportunities we have and what might be involved in these role description documents:
- Health and wellbeing assistant [DOCX 36Kb]
- Environmental volunteer [DOCX 36Kb]
- Environmental volunteer - litter picker [DOCX 36Kb]
- Walk leader [DOCX 37Kb]
- Event volunteer [DOCX 36Kb]
Volunteering with other local organisations
- We are working in partnership with a range of voluntary and community organisations to inspire people to volunteer
- Our video provides volunteering stories that have touched people's lives and are great examples of the difference volunteering makes not only to individuals but to the services that are provided as a result
- The volunteer opportunities list gives further information and contact details of local organisations involved. You can find the list in the related documents section of this website and you should contact organisation's directly if you are interested in one of their opportunities.