Skip to sub navigation Skip to main content

Interim authority

A premises licence will normally lapse on death, mental incapacity or insolvency where the holder is an individual and on dissolution where it is a company. 

Where the individual is the holder you can let us know so the premises may continue trading while their estate or other matters are resolved. This is called an interim authority notice. 

Who can apply?

The person who lets us know must have a prescribed interest in the premises or be a representative of the former holder. 

This person must be over 18 and have the right to work in the UK. 

How to apply

You will need to download the form from this page, complete it, and return it with any supporting documents and payment. 

You can send it back by email to or by post to: 

Licensing Team
Ashfield District Council
Council Offices
Urban Road
NG17 8DA.

What does it cost?

It costs £23 for an interim authority notice. You can pay by debit or credit card through our online system. 

Pay for a notice

Other ways to get in contact with us

If you have questions about the licence or notice you can contact us by: