Review of polling districts and polling places
Under the Electoral Registration and Administration Act 2013 council's must complete a review of polling districts and polling places at least once every 5 years in a compulsory review period.
We carried out a full review in 2018. An interim review resolved some minor issues in 2019.
How we carry out a review
The following considerations were taken into account when reviewing polling districts and polling places.
The first 2 are required by electoral law and the others are best practice:
- we must seek to ensure all electors have such reasonable facilities for voting as are practicable in the circumstances
- we must seek to ensure that so far as is reasonable and practicable every polling place is accessible to electors who are disabled
- ideally, the polling place should be in its own polling district
- no polling place should be shared by 2 wards
- where possible, 'natural' boundaries should be used, such as railways, major roads, etc.
- all properties in a minor road or estate should, ideally, be in the same polling district.
You can find ward maps for the all polling districts in Ashfield and Sherwood in our mapping section.
Interim review of polling places
We are carrying out an interim review of a single polling place as detailed below:
|Polling District||Existing Polling Place||Proposed Polling Place||Proposed Boundary Change|
The Unwin Social Club
Polly Bowls Club
The Consultation period will commence on 22 December 2022 and end on 19 January 2023.
A map showing the existing and proposed change is available to view in the related documents section of this web page.
A hard copy of this notice and map can be viewed at the Council Offices, Urban Road, Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottingham, NG17 8 DA and at the library in Sutton in Ashfield.
If you wish to make a comment or representation on the proposals please email email@example.com by the closing deadline detailed above.
The Council will consider the review proposals and any comments received during the consultation period at it's meeting to be held on Thursday 2 February, 2023 and the outcome will be published following the meeting.
Ways to contact us about polling reviews
If you have a question about our polling district or places reviews, or our interim reviews you can contact us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 01623 457 321.