Apprenticeships combine practical training in a post at the council whilst studying. You will work at either Ashfield or Mansfield District Council alongside experienced colleagues who will support you to gain specific job based skills.
What types of apprenticeships are on offer?
We offer a wide range apprenticeship opportunities in both front line and support service functions.
Typically apprenticeship programmes are either one or two years and apprentices study for a national recognised qualification whilst gaining valuable experience in a work environment. Some of the types of apprenticeships on offer include:
- data and analysis
- business administration
- customer services
- trade crafts such as plumbers, joiners, gas fitters
- marketing and communications.
What's in it for me?
There are various benefits of an apprenticeship including:
- learn whilst you earn with a starting salary of national living wage and above (depending on the level of qualification)
- opportunity to achieve a nationally recognised qualification
- support and training to enable you to develop key skills such as communication and team working
- an opportunity to gain a permanent post - a high proportion of apprentices are appointed to a permanent post at the end of their apprenticeships.
Apprentice opportunities are advertised on the Ashfield and Mansfield Council vacancy site at www.mansfieldandashfieldjobs.co.uk and on the Futures website at www.futuresforbusiness.com/vacancies