Pay your rent online, see latest statements, book and view repairs through the Tenant Portal.
For some emergency repairs we will visit your home within 24 hours. This is where there is likely to be a danger to life or major damage to your home or surrounding homes. We will try to get to you as quickly as possible to make the situation safe. The complete repair may take longer to carry out.
Examples of emergency repairs are:
- gas leaks - telephone Cadent first 0800 111 999
- total or partial loss of gas supply
- total loss of water
- total loss of heating between 1 November - 30 April
- blocked flue or chimney to heating appliance
- partial loss of heating between 1 November - 30 April where it can be shown to be urgently required by older people, disabled people, vulnerable people or infants
- blocked or leaking drain or sewer (please note these may be referred to the Water Company in the first instance)
- blocked toilet - but only if there is no other working toilet for your home
- tap which cannot be turned off
- severe leaking water or heating pipe, tank, cistern or toilet
- overflow running full bore
- make safe insecure window, external door or external locks. Lost keys are the responsibility of the tenant, except for the elderly or the vulnerable, where new keys or locks may be provided
- rotten timber flooring or stair tread causing potential health and safety hazard
- faulty staircase and corridor lighting in blocks of flats or sheltered accommodation for older people
- dangerous structures such as loose cast iron rainwater gutters, unsafe chimney stacks or roofs
- dangerous electrical wiring, socket or switches
- loose or detached banister or handrail for stairs
- repairs causing serious danger to the security of the home
- partial loss of lighting for the elderly or vulnerable tenants.
How to contact us in an emergency
Only use this service for real emergencies:
- telephone (24 hour service): 01623 457999.
We will get to you as quickly as practicably possible to ensure your home is made safe, 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. However, sometimes it may not be possible to complete a full repair, and a temporary make safe repair will be completed.
If the emergency reporting system is abused, you may put another person's health at risk.
If you provide us with false information or circumstances and we attend your home for non-emergency repairs, you may be charged.
Can you smell gas?
If you can smell gas or have a gas leak telephone Cadent on 0800 111 999 - do not use a telephone in the property as it can cause sparks. Cadent will make your home safe and advise on what to do next.
You should also make sure you:
- put out any cigarettes or naked flames
- check that you have not left a gas tap or cooker on
- turn off your gas supply at the meter
- open doors and windows to let gas out
- do not use electrical switches , doorbells or a naked flame.
Before you report this to us check a fuse has not tripped in your fuse box. If you have a modern circuit breaker type of fuse box check the trip switch or reset switch does not need resetting.
Before replacing / resetting the trip or reset switch, unplug any appliance that might be faulty. Usual problem appliances include kettles, toasters and washing machines.