Equality of opportunity
To recognise your contribution to Ashfield District Council we have a range of workplace health and benefits available to all of our employees.
Equality Framework for Local Government
This framework eliminates unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the act.
It also advances equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not and fosters good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
As a mindful employer full commitment to showing a positive and enabling attitude to employees and job applicants with mental health issues.
Disability Confident employer
We are part of the Disability Confident accreditation scheme at the Employer level.
The core actions for the scheme are to:
- actively looking to attract and recruit disabled people
- provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- offer an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- be flexible when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
- make reasonable adjustments as required
- encourage our suppliers and partner firms to be Disability Confident
- ensure that employees have sufficient disability equality awareness.
Learning and development
We provide comprehensive learning and development programme including extended and aspiring leadership programmes.