We are able to offer work experience placements to school, college and university students looking to support their learning with workplace insight.
What is work experience?
Work Experience is a request for experience in the work place that supports a school, college or university course taking place during school, college or university hours. It provides pupils and students with a chance to gain a valuable insight into the world of work.
What types of work experience opportunities are on offer?
We offer work experience in a number of departments both front line and support service functions. Typically work experience lasts for 2 weeks maximum.
Departments accommodating work experience placements:
- Tenancy Services
- Repairs Administration
- Office Admin – including Transport
- Environmental Services
- Environmental Enforcement
- Secretaries Department
- Lettings Services
- Planning and Building Control
- ICT Department.
What's in it for me?
There are various benefits of work experience at the council including:
- personal development
- good chance to make a good impression on a potential employer and show your enthusiasm, drive and ambition
- enables you to differentiate yourself, making yourself more employable
- spend a period of time sampling the job role that you are wanting to pursue before you make a final decision.
How to apply
The placement opportunities change every year depending on which departments are able to accommodate placements for students.
Candidates can apply by completing the online form: