Education and skills improvement plan (2022 to 2031)
Our Education and skills improvement plan is the evidence base for local education and skills insights, priorities, success stories and initiatives, delivered by Ashfield’s Education and Skills Partnerships.
This plan comes at a time when the district is cautiously moving into recovery from the effects of a global pandemic. It offers a reflection on Ashfield’s education and skills journey to date, and outlines the strategic direction of travel that will enable people, business, and communities in our district to build back, to aspire, thrive and prosper going forwards.
Drawing on our skills and labour market strengths, challenges and ambitions, this plan aims to act as a springboard for future engagements, creative partnerships and conversations, where a diversity of voices from across the skills spectrum are heard, including employers, educators, learners and policy makers. It offers a wealth of insights and ideas for use by any individual or organisation with an interest in education and skills development in Ashfield.
Parts of the plan
- Part 1 is a comprehensive Annex of indicators. This summarises the evidence behind the Education and skills improvement strategy
- Part 2 is the Education and skills improvement strategy
- Part 3 is the current 2 year action plan of education and skills activities, offering an interim assessment of progress on key indicators as well as initiatives that are currently underway.
It is important to stress that Ashfield’s education and skills improvement plan is not fixed, and each part of the plan will change depending on new data that emerges. We will therefore keep a close eye on economic intelligence and change our action plan of activities based on what we need to prioritise on. We will regularly gather feedback from partners and local businesses, using surveys, and adapt the activities accordingly.
We will capture case studies and showcase the success that comes out of the completed activities within the plan. This will include good news stories from local businesses as well as the skills and enterprise projects that are new to the district.
The Education and Skills Improvement plan has been aligned with the existing strategies and plans that are in place within the district:
- Ashfield District Council Corporate Plan (2019-2023)
- Ashfield Economic Recovery Plan
- Ashfield’s Town Investment Plan (2021-2030)
- Ashfield Health and Wellbeing Strategy (2021-2025)
- D2N2 Local Skills Report 2022
- Nottinghamshire County Councils “Improving Educational Opportunities for All” Strategy