Sign up to Feel Good Families
Find activities and ideas to move, play and smile together
Titchfield Park is an award winning Green Flag Park located 10 minutes’ walk away from Hucknall Town Centre.
The park covers approximately 24 acres and includes provision for a range of formal sports and recreational activities. Informal recreation opportunities include a skate park, youth area and children’s playground as well as ball courts.
The park contains two listed monuments and an original shelter designed by local architect T.C. Howitt, who also designed the Council House in Nottingham.
Titchfield Park in Hucknall has been awarded the Green Flag and has these amenities:
The main car park is off Park Drive. There is a second car park off Morven Avenue.
Titchfield Park was created when the Duke of Portland gave 11 acres of land, then known as Caddow Park, to the town of Hucknall in 1914, in honour of the 21st birthday of his son, The Marquis of Titchfield.
A further 13 acres were added when the Hucknall Miners Welfare Committee decided to further the development of Titchfield Park from funds raised to provide facilities for the local miners.
The original brief of the committee was that the park should be set out to provide for cricket, football, bowls and tennis courts with trees, shrubs and flowers planted all around. The design, drawn up by J.W. Bardill, also included a bandstand, tearooms, a pavilion, shelters and a caretaker's lodge.
The works were held up by the outbreak of the First World War and the Marquis finally performed the opening ceremony in July 1922.
To book an event on the park or to request a booking form please email email@example.com or call 01623 457092
For sports and pitch bookings please call 01623 457092 / 457410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check the Park Cafe Facebook page for their opening times