Local economic information
To help businesses with their relocation decisions, we have created an economic profile for Ashfield.
- Working age population (aged 16 to 64): 78,000 (NOMIS, December 2022)
- Average wages - £564 per week (7% lower than regional average of £603) (NOMIS, August 2023)
- Unemployment - 3035 people (This equates to 3.9% of the working age population) (NOMIS, June 2023)
- Average housing prices - £188,519 (This is 32% lower than regional average) (Varbes, August 2023)
- Number of businesses - 4439 businesses (FAME, July 2023)
- Number of business parks - 13 (See the commercial property page for details)
- Number of retail shops - 700 (an approximate figure, as this changes periodically)
- Skills most in demand include: Warehousing, Nursing, Auditing and Mental Health - we are all above the the national average in our District (Lightcast report, December 2202)
- GDP £3.3 billion; Ashfield contributes 0.2% to the UK Economy. (Varbes, November 2022).
- Wholesale and Retail
- Transport and storage
If you would like further information, please get in touch with our team:
Page last updated: 8 August 2023