Local economic information
To help businesses with their relocation decisions, we have created an economic profile for Ashfield.
- 79,200 people aged between 16 and 65
- 38,900 males and 40,300 females
- Job density - 0.68 (This is the number of jobs available per person of our working age population)
- Average wages - £536 per week (This is 7% lower than regional average)
- Unemployment - 3,005 people (This equates to 3.8% of the working age population): Taken from July 2022 NOMIS Data.
- Average housing prices - £178,385 (This is 34% lower than regional average)
- Number of businesses - 4296 businesses (As identified in July 2002 from FAME)
- Number of business parks - 11 (See the commercial property page for details)
- Number of retail shops - 700
- Number of people employed in our district - 54,000
- GDP £3.3 Billion; Ashfield contributes 0.2% to the UK Economy.
- Health - 23.1%
- Manufacturing - 15.4%
- Construction - 9.6%
- Retail - 6.7%
- Transport and storage - 6.7%.
If you would like further information, please get in touch with our team:
This page was last updated August 2022.